|"If there is no struggle there is no progress" ~ Frederick Douglass|
At Frederick Douglass School, our motto is "Think Like a Champion-Rise to the Challenge." We believe in educating the "whole child," and as a Community Learning Center , we have created a large network of community partners to assist in this endeavor.
Douglass students moved into a state of the art building in August 2007. There are many features of this building -- from classroom organization to fantastic technology -- that will expose your child to a high level of curriculum and services. We welcome families to visit your new learning center.
Reasons to Attend:
- NEW state-of-the-art school focused on EXCELLENCE
- School Based Clinic - Center for Better Health and Nutrition
- FREE after-school tutoring
- Highly qualified staff
- Yearly local and out of state educational trips
- All-day Head Start preschool and Kindergarten classes
- A Kindergarten-readiness program for at-risk four-year-olds
- Tutoring provided by teachers andvolunteers both during and after school
- Regular art, music, technology, and physical education classes for all students
- 2 fully equipped computer labs
- Accelerated Reader, an online reading program using the NEO 2's, a handheld device.
- School wellness programs that promote healthy eating, ample exercise and strong character.
- Parent Engagement Activities